TOPEKA, Kan. (November 7, 2014) – The road course at Kansas Speedway was announced today as an addition to the Sports Car Club of America’s U.S. Majors Tour Mid-States calendar, leaving just one open hole remaining in the 2015 schedule. The doubleheader weekend will be June 20-21, 2015.
The 2.37-mile road course was opened in 2012 and incorporates an infield section and the progressive banking of the oval.
“The addition of Kansas Speedway to the 2015 Mid-States schedule is a welcome one in the build up to the SCCA National Championship Runoffs at Daytona,” Lisa Noble, SCCA President/CEO, said. “This event gives Mid-States drivers that plan to race for a National Championship at the end of the season an opportunity to run on high-speed banking within their home Conference.”
One additional event, anticipated to come from within the Southwest Division, will be added to the 2015 Mid-States schedule.
2015 SCCA U.S. Majors Tour Mid-States Schedule
- March 7-8 – NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, La. (With Southeast)
- April 11-12 – Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Jennings, Okla.
- June 20-21 – Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kan.
- July 4-5 – High Plains Raceway, Byers, Colo.
- July 25-26 – Pueblo Motorsports Park, Pueblo, Colo.
- TBA – One additional event will be added