- April 20,
- May 31,
- June 28,
- July 19,
- August 16,
- September 20,
- October 11.
Track Night in America is a fantastic low-cost, low-risk way to get a taste of the road racing experience. There’s no competition, it’s just a time to enjoy driving at speed on a proper road racing circuit. What often goes unnoticed is that it’s not just an opportunity for drivers. If you’ve ever wanted to jump into working as a volunteer at a road race event, such as doing grid work, or helping with flagging and communication out on the corners, Track Night in America is a great way to get accustom to the various roles needed to make a track event or road race event happen. So come on out. Bring your car and drive, or bring your white pants and shirt and learn how to wave some flags on the corners, and come celebrate the love of cars and racing that unite us all.
Official Release from the SCCA National Office
Calendar for 2018 Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack
TOPEKA, Kan. (Feb. 7, 2018) — Over the last three years, more than 10,000 automotive enthusiasts have driven their cars on real racetracks around the country thanks to SCCA® Track Night in America® Driven by Tire Rack. That dream continues as Sports Car Club of America® has released a preliminary calendar for the 2018 Track Night in America season.
From sea to shining sea, more than 30 circuits this year are scheduled to host Track Night in America events. The SCCA’s innovative program will make first-ever visits in 2018 to Auto Club Speedway, Dominion Raceway, La Junta Raceway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Registration is scheduled to open for March events on Monday, February 12, and for all other events on Thursday, March 1 at www.TrackNightinAmerica.com.
Track Night in America is a non-competitive, no-stress, entertaining, easy and inexpensive way for nearly anyone who loves cars or motorsports to get on a real racecourse in their own vehicle during weeknights. All that is required is that participants be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license and have access to an approved helmet and street car in good working condition.
Mike Cobb, SCCA President and CEO, is already looking forward to the upcoming Track Night season and said, “Track Night in America is a great program for the Club and continues to grow year after year. A lot of the success comes from the program simply being so enjoyable. Even I plan to register for a couple Track Night sessions this year to hang out with other automotive enthusiasts and have fun with cars.”
The price to participate is usually no more than $150 per event. Some special events and certain tracks may be a bit more. No previous on-track experience or SCCA membership is required to join in the fun. Drivers participate in the Advanced, Intermediate or KONI Novice Experience group so on-track activities remain fun for all, and everyone gets three 20-minute sessions on course — as well as feedback from SCCA driver coaches on site. Admission is free for people who just want to stop by and watch the fun, and leisurely circuit parade laps are provided for all Track Night in America guests.
Matt Edmonds, Executive Vice President of Tire Rack, said, “Track Night in America Driven by TireRack.com is a great way for inquisitive automotive enthusiast to explore their desire to become motorsports participants. The controlled environment on a race course of note is a new experience for virtually all Track Night in America drivers. With supervision from experienced SCCA members at Track Night, car owners can explore performance driving and feel the rush that comes from getting behind the steering wheel at some of the great motorsports venues around the country.”
Below is a preliminary event rundown for several tracks around the country. The Track Night calendar is updated during the season as additional dates and venues are obtained, so check back at https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events in the coming weeks for the latest information.
- Atlanta Motorsports Park; Dawsonville, GA: April 9, May 8, June 7, July 12, August 22, September 19
- Auto Club Speedway; Fontana, CA: February 24, June 16, August 25
- Blackhawk Farms; South Beloit, IL: May 3, June 19, July 24, August 23
- Buttonwillow Raceway Park; Buttonwillow, CA: April 26
- Carolina Motorsports Park; Kershaw, SC: August 21, September 18
- Charlotte Motor Speedway; Concord, NC: April 12, May 2, June 8, July 11
- Dakota County Technical College Driver Training Facility; Rosemount, MN: May 15, June 6, July 10, August 3
- Dominion Raceway; Woodford, VA: April 19, May 17, June 21, July 26
- GingerMan Raceway; South Haven, MI: May 18, June 20, July 25, August 22
- Harris Hill Raceway; San Marcos, TX: April 11, May 9, June 6, September 19
- Heartland Motorsports Park; Topeka, KS: April 20, May 31, June 28, July 19, August 16, September 20, October 11
- High Plains Raceway; Deer Trail, CO: June 6, July 11, August 15, September 12
- La Junta Raceway; La Junta, CO: May 4
- Lime Rock Park; Lakeville, CT: May 24, June 14
- Memphis International Raceway; Millington, TN: March 27, April 24, May 22, June 26
- MotorSport Ranch; Cresson, TX: April 10, May 8, June 5, September 18
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway; Loudon, NH: May 25, August 3
- New Jersey Motorsports Park; Millville, NJ: April 25, May 22, June 20, July 19, August 14, September 11
- NOLA Motorsports Park; Avondale, LA: April 12, May 10, June 12, September 20
- Pacific Raceways; Kent, WA: May 25, June 13
- Palm Beach International Raceway; Jupiter, FL: February 13, March 6, April 10, May 8, June 5, Sept 18, Oct 9, Nov 6, Dec 4
- Palmer Motorsports Park; Palmer, MA: May 3, June 5, June 28, July 17, August 9, September 6
- Pittsburgh International Race Complex; Wampum, PA: April 26, May 23, June 19, July 10, August 2, September 12
- Pocono Raceway; Long Pond, PA: April 18, May 10, June 14, July 12, August 28, September 17
- Portland International Raceway; Portland, OR: April 13, May 18, June 8, August 10
- Ridge Motorsports Park; Shelton, WA: April 12, May 16, June 7, July 24, August 8, September 13
- Road Atlanta; Braselton, GA: April 25
- Roebling Road Raceway; Bloomingdale, GA: April 24, May 16
- Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park; Thompson, CT: April 24, May 15, June 19, July 5, July 24, August 14, September 18, October 4
- Thunderhill Raceway Park; Willows, CA: April 19, May 24, June 14, July 12, August 16, September 13
- Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park; Chandler, AZ: March (TBD), April 20, May 11
- Willow Springs Int’l Raceway; Rosamond, CA: March (TBD), April 27
More information about SCCA Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack can be found at www.TrackNightInAmerica.com.
About SCCA Track Night in America:
Driven by Tire Rack, SCCA Track Night in America is “The Fastest Way to Get on Track” for automotive enthusiasts. Launched in 2015, Track Night in America was developed by the SCCA Experiential Programs Dept. as a way to make on-track experiences at race circuits more accessible to the general public. The Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both Club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA’s activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Chevrolet, the Official Truck of the SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Mobil 1, the Official Oil of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.
About Tire Rack:
Tire Rack, family-owned and headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, is America’s largest independent tire tester and consumer-direct source for tires, wheels and performance accessories. Their team of over 100 test drivers (their sales team) tests tires from every major tire manufacturer on the company’s state-of-the-art, 11.7-acre test facility. The findings are then posted on the company’s website, www.tirerack.com, where consumers can make an educated decision on a tire, wheel or performance accessory purchase.
Tire Rack has also collected results from over 150,000 consumer surveys representing over 2.3 billion miles of real-world tire data, the largest known cache of such information anywhere. In addition, various testing and informational videos are available online in their Video Center at www.tirerack.com/videos. Since 1979, Tire Rack has grown from a single-point retail store in Indianapolis to encompass over 2.7 million square feet of space in nine distribution centers across the country. A diverse and broad in-stock inventory from 26 major tire and 60 wheel brands can be delivered anywhere in the country, most in one business day. A national network of over 7,500 independent Recommended Installers is available to assist customers with installation of their purchases.
Photo Credit: Clarus Studios